Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Over the weekend

On Saturday, Austin came up and we played a bunch of fighting games.  On the list was Street Fighter IV, Soul Calibur IV, and Capcom vs. SNK 2.

It was fun, but I'm no where near where I'd like to be with Street Fighter IV.  I can't seem to settle on a main, mostly because Ryu is just so.... blah.  He has no flash or character, that and his super and ultra seem really bland.

So I think I'm going to settle on Abel.  I like his combos and throws, but I'm still having trouble with his Normal Trials (not to mention Hard Trials).

Where can I find the trick to nailing the focus attack combos and the cancels?

I've tried looking on youtube, but all of the videos just show the combos.  Where can I find some sort of tutorial on "the trick."

That's really what I need for all fighting games.  With Soul Calibur I got Mitsurugi's moves down but that doesn't mean I can perform well with characters I haven't played an extended amount of time with.

Beyond that I haven't been playing too many games so far this week, but I will be sending in the credential information for E3 tonight.  Oh, and I also applied for an internship at Gamepro, but I haven't heard anything back yet.

Lastly, on the topic of fighting games, I'm happy to hear about the rerelease of Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 for XBLA and PSN.  I'm looking forward to it, IF I'll be able to afford it.

No comments:

Post a Comment