Friday, December 4, 2009

Gamestop brings back the N64 Kid

That Nintendo 64 kid just never dies does he? Whether hucking BMWs (or whatever) or becoming a soulless face-shifting shill for Gamestop, he'll find his way back into the public interest every holiday season until Armageddon.
So, face-shifting shill for Gamestop is quite the business card title, but I can't help but feel a little touched by the tactic. You see, I was a Nintendo 64 kid myself. When I unwrapped the last console to use cartridges, I freaked out too. My little brother and I probably did our share of jumping around and shouting, so I can't fault the little guy for his excitement.

But damn you Gamestop! You've only opened the door for the dastardly deeds the internet will surely find itself capable of again. Kotaku's Owen Good has already tried The Joker, and I've seen Pyro-disguise-mask and a Crecente kid, but I don't think I can watch anymore.

Instead, I'll just think back to a time when being excited was as natural tearing at the seams of any big box Christmas present. With Jenna's amazing ability to get the right gift, I'm going to have to keep guessing in anticipation before Christmas comes. Last year I was Mini-fridge and Gears of War 2 - Kid, but we'll wait and see what comes next.

No comments:

Post a Comment