Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Memorabilia

I don't have very much gaming memorabilia, but I hope to build my collection piece by piece over the years. I've already made a couple of rare acquisitions, and this is probably my favorite.

My friend Zach used to work at the local Gamestop. I think Gamestop's a great for talking to people who actually know a fair amount about video games. Sometimes I think that you have to love video games quite a bit to work at a Gamestop or Gamecrazy or other games-centric retailer because I think if you only mildly enjoyed video games the experience will kill you.

Anyways, Zach's store was instructed to take down and get rid of all of their neon gaming signs. Among these was an Xbox 360 sign and this Nintendo sign. That day, Zach came over to my house and asked me to come help him bring in his 360. I opened the trunk of his car and this beautiful piece of gaming was sitting there. It was for me! I was eccstatic.

The sign sits over my workspace now, off for the most part. I want it to be around for as long as possible. What is the life span of a neon sign? How often can I turn this thing on and off before I have to worry about replacing any parts? These questions and more have to be answered.

I always love looking up at it. Somday when I have a larger game room or a larger work space, I'll have this piece hanging in there waiting for the guys to come over (or maybe for my kid and his or her friends to come over) and play some games.

No comments:

Post a Comment