Friday, February 19, 2010

Bioshock 2, Why Not?

Jenna has been wondering why I'm not running out the door to purchase Bioshock 2 every available second. Obviously, Bioshock 2 is one of the biggest releases this early season of gaming, and while it's staked out a good three weeks of being at the forefront of your local Gamestop, I don't see it entering my console of choice any time soon.

I bought the original Bioshock for the PC before I had an Xbox 360, and started it several times over thanks to the demo and saved games being deleted as I restored Windows on my Mac. When Amazon had a two for one deal on 3600 games, I jumped at the opportunity to expand my fledling 360 library with some decent titles. Bioshock was one of those titles.

My first foray into Rapture on 360 was on normal, but being wasteful with ammo and supplies, I quickly found myself respawning in Vita Chambers with a wrench in hand. This got tired fast and I left the game for a new release. About a few months ago, I decided to restart the game and try it on hard at that. I was excited, scared stiff, and motivated to keep pushing through the game. That was of course, until I ran out of ammo and continually threw myself upon the drill end of a Big Daddy.

I know I'm not the only one. Long time Counter-Strike Source pal Bob shares the same sentiment. Sometimes you just don't feel motivated to finish a game. What makes Bioshock this kind of game?

Of course, I've finished Mass Effect 2, and for the time being, there aren't any games that I'll be purchasing new, so maybe it's time to revisit my back catalog and Rapture. Maybe the gameplay will really sink it's teeth into me this time and I'll be spurned right through to picking up Bishock 2 as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment