Saturday, February 27, 2010

Have you heard of Just Cause 2?

Honestly, I haven't been paying attention to sequel for 2006's bad punchline. "Anatomy of a Stunt" videos and developer diaries have been semi-lackluster and altogether hard to follow. While zipping from vehicle to ground to parachute to helicopter, shooting bad guys all the time, seemed a little on the "bat shit insane" side of things, so I turned down the Just Cause 2 marketing volume quite a bit in my head.

Of course, the announcement of a massive demo with a ton of content to explore has the power to turn the volume back on up, and it has. I love trying things before I buy, especially with video games.

Our hobby is an expensive one, $60 dollars and up, more often than not, and even portable games have crossed the $39.99 retail marks at times. Just Cause 2 was looking to be one of those titles I wasn't prepared to take the plunge on, unless it was a free review copy.

Now with a large demo well ahead of the game's launch, Rico and Just Cause 2 might just sink it's grappling hook into me and warrant a purchase. At 35 square miles of game land and a ton of enemies to hook to things before running them into the sides of mountains, the demo will make quite the splash, or explosion, when it arrives on March 4th.

No comments:

Post a Comment