Saturday, May 23, 2009

That's the Name of the Game - 10

Another week, another column entry over at bscreview.com. I can't believe I've only written 10 entries! I'm over 50 posts on this blog though. Not really a milestone, I'm hoping to write over 300 pieces for this blog before the year's end. Here, in bullet point format so it is an official goal:
  • I will write a minimum of 300 pieces for Wellspring of Games by the year's end.
I just realized how much that is.... I better get to it!

Now, on the eve of another E3, the hype train is rolling again. Unfortunately it appears to have pulled into the station a little early.

Take for example the screen shot from [adjacent]. It was taken from a teaser trailer that teases another trailer. The gaming populace is being enticed with a few seconds of in-game footage in order to get them excited for a mere minute of in-game footage. It’s a little ridiculous, in my opinion. Why are we being led on like this?

You can read the rest of my entry on poor PR tactics at: "http://www.bscreview.com/2009/05/thats-the-name-of-the-game-pr-out-of-control/"

I don't know if I'll be able to post another "That's the Name of the Game" before E3, but I will be posting here, and at the big show I'll be posting at both Wellspring of Games and at bscreview.com. See you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment