Friday, May 8, 2009

That's the Name of the Game - 8

When I was a young lad, my family frequented California's highway 5, traveling up and down the state visiting family, going boating, camping. I can't tell you how boring the drive is. There's a handful of truck stops, but not much else. One year, we were about to leave on a house boating trip. In the grocery store, my eyes stumbled up a Nintendo Power. I asked, and I received. It happened to be the E3 issue (issue 98 with Starfox 64 on the cover, one of my favorite back issues to look at). Countless new Nintendo 64 games were detailed. I was in on all of the latest information, the latest screenshots. Was there a game coming out that I didn't have inside knowledge of? Nope.

Maybe that's why I'm here today. I've always wanted to go to E3 to absorb every last detail of the latest and greatest video games. That's turned into a thirst of video games news that can't be quenched, and now I'm writing about video games.

This week's That's the Name of the Game is about the return of E3:

Hardcore gamers all around will tell you that E3 is the Mecca of gaming. Why? Because there’s no where else that indulges the video games industry in its gaudy, flashy, consumer driven glory, not to mention all of the huge announcements that come out of the show. Where was the Nintendo Wii revealed? E3. What about the Playstation 3’s launch price? E3 again. Where do the biggest and smallest video game companies reveal their biggest titles? E3 of course!

You can check out the rest of this week's column at: "http://www.bookspotcentral.com/2009/05/thats-the-name-of-the-game-e3s-return/"

Jenna and I should be hearing back from Expo Registration on whether or not our credentials were official enough for our trip.  Either way, when the show starts in June I hope to tackle it as if I were writing here for my job, whether or not I actually go to the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment