Monday, September 14, 2009

The Search for Hangtime Begins


I've been thinking a lot about some classic video gaming moments lately. Most recently, my friend Matt Baltar had me thinking about some happy times when I was growing up. Of course, my thoughts drifted to NBA Hangtime.

My brother and I rented NBA Hangtime for our Nintendo 64, some time between 1997 and 1999. Of course the game features some over the top fun, including players being set on fire when they're doing well, or breaking the backboard when some crazy dunks are made, but what I remember best is the ability to shove other players to the ground in order to steal the ball.

After discovering this aspect of the game, my brother Matthew and I quickly dissolved into a violent, giggling foul-fest. I don't think a single point was scored throughout and entire game. Don't even get me started on the goal tending....

After thinking about this for some time, I've decided to make a grand search for a copy of the game to join my Nintendo 64 collection. I easily have more N64 games than any other system, and I think it's time for the classic mock-basketball game to join my collection. I have NFL Blitz, and I recently picked up a copy of Blast Corps, but NBA Hangtime has become a sort of necessity.

I'll be posting further down the line as I continue on my hunt, but we'll see where it takes me and how long exactly it'll take for Midway's NBA Hangtime to join my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment