Monday, January 18, 2010

NBA Jam for the Wii renews my hunt for NBA Hangtime

News of a revival in the NBA Jam line of sports games has got me salivating at the kind of over the top action I remember taking control of on the Nintendo 64. Of course, over the past few months, the interest died down, but hearing news about a revival and modern reiteration for the Wii had me disappointed in that I don't know if I'll ever get to play that title. I'll have to settle for a classic cartridge of NBA Hangtime instead.

I know there's alway eBay, but I'm a little reluctant to just plop down a bid and have it be over with. Having a game I'm constantly looking for gives me cause to head into every game shop I run across and dig through the piles of old carts. I even have an excuse to drive by garage sales slowly if the thought pops in my head.

That being said, I do have to admit that I looked up the price of a cart on eBay and every auction was up for under $10 at the time of writing, with a PAL cart being the closest at $9.50. With the announcement of a new title in the NBA Jam series, I'd think there'd be more interest in the auctions up, but only the one ending soonest had a bid on it. At $5 (after shipping), maybe I'd do well to cast a bid on the cart currently set at a $2 bid.

I'd much rather pick up the game in person, finding it in a small mom and pop store, especially now that Gamestop no longer carries Nintendo 64 items in any way. It sounds stupid, but it's a much better story to tell about the cart some years later after looking through my collection again.

No comments:

Post a Comment