Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Modern Wafare 2

I was privy to the teaser trailer for MW2 at the end of the Game Developer's Choice Awards a couple of weeks ago. It was exciting. I had managed to get into GDC on a chance listing on Craigslist.

It was really exhilarating. The picture is from my seat in the middle of the ballroom. I didn't know about it, but it was a nice little perk. How many of these change encounters will I have over the rest of this year? I'm certainly hoping to be privy to some new information that I might get this blog noticed with.

Besides that, my thoughts on the trailer were very positive. I'll be interested in what level of visual fidelity Infinity Ward will bring to the table this time. I remember looking at trailers and screen shots of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare and dropping my jaw. I was more than a little awestruck by the Ghillies in the Mist trailer.

I thought the use of audio to tease the game was a great route to take because of the role audio plays in a lot of the game. Hearing the terrorists (probably?) suiting up and getting ready to move out was almost chilling. I'm looking forward to the game, and I'm happy to see that Infinity Ward are keeping things close to the chest. I hate when developers show too much of the game too far away from its release.

My hope is that I'll be able to finish any other games I have started so it doesn't take me months to complete the campaign in Modern Warfare 2 like it did on CoD4:MW.

No comments:

Post a Comment