Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Arcade Games at the Old Spaghetti Factory

I can't help but feel kind of weird when I pull out my phone to take pictures, but I guess it's a habit I just won't let die. Arcade machines were a big part of my childhood, so why should I anyways?

Turns out, when you're looking for them, arcade machines are everywhere, like the Old Spaghetti Factory in San Jose. Upstairs from the entrance is a small collection of arcade cabinets, including this top down shooter, a la Raidan. Jenna and I sat down and played a couple of rounds. All my (very limited) experience with bullet hell shooters helped me pass the first boss.

What I most appreciated about OSF's small arcade collection is that the machines still only require a quarter! I don't remember the last time I played a game for a quarter, least of all on every machine in the room.

Other cabinets at OSF included a Mega Man arcade cabinet, Bubble Bobble, and Crusin' World. If you're a game looking to go out for some food, waiting for a table at OSF isn't so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment