Sunday, March 28, 2010

Nintendo Announces Next-Gen DS: 3DS

Gamers haven't had a new Nintendo handheld platform launch in a long time. The last was the Nintendo DS in 2004. No, I don't care what you say, the DS Lite, DSi and DSi XL were not platform launches. Still, the few details that have been revealed have me questioning whether or not the 3DS will be a true "next-gen" platform. Here's the breakdown:


//The Nintendo 3DS will offer games that utilize 3D effects "without the need for special glasses" and is also backwards compatible with Nintendo DS and DSi titles.
//The Nintendo 3DS will feature the same accelerometor technology that is currently found in today's Wii remotes and various mobile cell phone devices.
//The Nintendo 3DS is said to feature graphical abilities on par with the Nintendo Gamecube.

I just don't know. I already have enough doubt for Nintendo, Joystiq's Podcast Episode 0 reminding me of the absolute crap that lands on the Nintendo family of platforms, and fake 3D does not a new platform make. Let me refrain from too much bitching on the Internet and remind myself and the readers that more details and the hardware itself will be revealed in just a few months at E3 2010. I'll be sure to write more as more details are revealed.

No comments:

Post a Comment