Tuesday, July 21, 2009

A Star Commentor







I received a star from Mike Fahey on Kotaku today.  Their new commenting system has greatly improved the quality of conversation and reduced a lot of the noise that has kept me from reading any of the comments section in the past year or so.

When I first started reading Kotaku, commenting privileges were scarce and thus many of the comments were insightful, easy to read, and added volumes to the conversation.  Since then however, the multitude of new readers has amplified the usual internet noise/banter that makes the whole world sound like 13 year-olds.

Now that I've got this star, I think I might actually spend some time looking at comments and even making my own.  To anyone that stumbles across this blog from my name over at Kotaku, please make comments as you see fit and hopefully you'll find enough items of interest on this blog to return on a semi-frequent basis.

4 comments:

  1. Would you have said it was a great commenting system if you didn't get that star?

    Why didn't you write about it before you did?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Now that I've got this star, I think I might actually spend some time looking at comments and even making my own. "

    I mean that seems to show my point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I would have said that before I got the star. What I mean by "Now that I've got this star, I think I might actually spend some time looking at comments and even making my own" is that I stayed away from the comments section before the changes. Since the changes I've been reading more comments, and making more comments of my own.

    ReplyDelete