Tuesday, June 2, 2009

PLAY AT E3: Split/Second

Gonna check out Split Second in just a second. I can't believe it's a Disney game. It looks great!
Split Second was really cool.

Dynamic camera angles made the racing pretty action packed. As you drift, a meter fills up and you use that meter allows you to change the environment (through explosions of course). As your track changes you and other players crash and these crashes result in slowed down clips of the crash.

Graphically, it looked amazing, and there's nothing about the game that suggests Disney Interactive, but they've been moving away from that lately anyways. The burnout type actions you do to build up your meter aren't very hard to pull off either and I think there are more ways to build the meter than just drifting around corners.

I didn't know anything about Split Second until... the last second before E3. I'm glad I got a chance to play it because it'll probably be on my radar until release.

No comments:

Post a Comment